Friday, April 1, 2011
Paradise Lost book 4
In Paradise Lost book 4 it is coming from satan and how satan is praying to God telling Him how much he hates Him. It also shows how satan was thrown out heaven because of his pride and his ambition. Satan goes on about how God didn’t deserve his rebellion because he is a just God and didn’t make things impossible all God asked of satan was to worship God and praise him, which satan said he could do because God rightfully deserved it. Even though God deserved it satan felt it was too much and that since he was such a high angel that is why he rebelled, but if were a smaller angel and not as important than he wouldn’t have fallen. Then it goes on to say how satan has gave up trying to take over heaven. In my personal opinion I think that this shows a view of Milton’s viewpoint on freedom of choice, but I still don’t think satan needs to be pitied because he understands what was wrong, but still did it. I think Milton shows the freedom of choice, but also shows the action that can happen from that choice good or bad. This story made me have mixed feelings because I liked the fact that it has freedom of choice in a religious perspective, but the part I didn’t like was the fact that it made satan look like he needed to be pitied, which I don’t agree with at all. Overall I agree with Milton’s view on freedom of choice and I think his view is very loud in his work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment